Re: Which tire for my MG?

To: stephen bartley <ragtopday@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Which tire for my MG?
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:33:14 -0500
stephen bartley wrote:

> Hello list.... This year I am planning on getting a set of center-lock
> Minilite replicas as a Christmas gift for my MGB. I am planning on using
> 185/70-14 tires, I was wondering what the consensus of the list is regarding
> type/brand of tire. I am just starting to research tires and I am looking at
> the Dunlop D65T touring and the Pirelli P-400 Touring and P-4000 Super
> Touring so far. My car is driven only in the summer months here in New
> England, very rarely in wet weather, never in snow. I am  looking for a
> comfortable tire to put up with the sometimes rough New Hampshire back
> roads. I am not really looking for a true performance tire, but something
> that offers good handling & a nice ride in mostly dry conditions, and I am
> looking to spend somewhere in the $50 price range per tire. Comments,
> Please??
>
> TIA
> Stephen P Bartley
> Portsmouth NH
> 1963 MGB

I use the Dunlops on my '74 MGB-GT. I'm satisfied with the good handling, soft
and quiet ride they provide. They are good wet or dry, even in the one snow
storm
that surprised me (NO SALT!).

Someone who does web sites should set up an MG tire database for the list that
would cover T's, A's, B's, Midgets and even saloons and sedans.

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Avant Very Silver
1960 MGA 1600 Very Red