Factory Hard Top

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory Hard Top
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:22:59 -0500
The side (or rear) windows are the easy part.  The frame that Adam
Schellinck is missing is a major problem.  I faced that same problem in 1995
or so.  I had searched via phone a number of British car wrecking yards
around the U.S.  No one had any window frames.  A friend suggested I call
Bromsgrove MG Centre in the U.K.  They had the entire 3-piece frame with
window in stock.  I was already pricing the replication of the pieces at
machine shops.  As, Allen says - very pricey.

Try calling MG specialty shops around the world.  Start with those in the
U.K.  You may luck out.  If not, your only solution is having them machined.

Some of the joining brackets may still be available from Vic. Brit.  I
bought some there to replace those on the one good side as I was restoring
the top.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB - Factory H.T. owner since c. 1995

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///