Re: ZR in situ

To: <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>, <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ZR in situ
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:46:13 -0500
> What happened to the license plates?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hans

You know, I've always wondered what the point of blocking/blurring the
license plate of cars in images was.  Listers are willing to use their real
names and post pictures of their car, with the sometimes unreadable license
plates.  If they were that worried about the safety of their automobile,
then they should worry more about someone doing an address lookup on their
name and then knowing where the car is garaged!

People can see your license plate on the road and at car shows, and the
likelihood of that person being local to you is greater than when posting a
URL to an image on an international list.  This is definitely more of an
American phenomenon though, some of our UK friends like to deliberately show
off their unique plates.

Seems like extra work for no extra safety guarantee (and you end up making
the picture ugly in the process!).

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list