RE: It's only the fifth!

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: RE: It's only the fifth!
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:48:26 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net [mailto:paul.hunt1@virgin.net]

> don't have a lotta choice, gotta do it.

> Replacing friction plate and coverplate with the release bearing is the
only
> sensible thing to do.  If you pumped the clutch pedal several times after
> the release bearing broke then you will have pushed the slave piston out
of
> the cylinder (BT, DT), it can simply be reassembled, possibly with new
> rubbers while you are at it.  And while you are at 'while you are at it'
if
> you detach the slave from the hose then replace the hose as well.

When I looked at the 'exploded view' of my slave cylinder, the piston was
wedged a little sideways, when I got it out, I saw that the cylinder was
quite scored and nicked as well, so I thought it would be better to replace
it, 'while I was at it' than to have it fail later after everything else was
done...

> Anybody got alarms in the convertibles? Any experience with the
> 'microwave' cabin sensors?

> I have a simple 'single zone' on my roadster, depending on where you park
> (like backed up to a wall) someone walking past the front can set it off.
> have a dual zone in my GT, both zones are adjustable independantly,

What brand? Are some brands better than others? Is this a do-it-yourself
installable thing?

(I'm better with electrics than I am with mechanicals :-)

Thanks.
Wil.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list