Update: Zero Oil Pressure

To: "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update: Zero Oil Pressure
From: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:51:36 -0700
Replaced the relief valve as Kai suggested, although the new one was only
thousandths larger.  No luck
Pressure primed the pump through the oil cooler line as suggested on Barney's
website. No luck.
Removed the pan and pump - it checked out and I have the correct gasket.
Re-installed pump, put a pot of oil on a jack and submersed the pump pickup.
Turned the engine over and soon had a steady stream pouring out the hole in
the block casting in the left rear corner.  As this lines up with the tube in
the corner of the pan, I must assume this is the normal return from the relief
valve.
What can further be done without pulling the engine?

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///