Re: Departing the List With Great Sadness

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: Departing the List With Great Sadness
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:50:14 -0500
Mike Razor wrote:

> I have been a member of this list for several years and have really enjoyed
> being a part of the list.  I have gotten a lot of good advice and help from
> many members on the list.  I have made several friends on the list as well
> and hope to continue to see them at the various car shows my family and I
> attend.  I have supported the list.  When asked, I contributed money, when I
> meet a fellow MG enthusiast, I wholeheartedly recommend they sign up on the
> list, ask questions and contribute when possible.  When I fired up my
> computer I really looked forward to seeing all the postings from the list.
> Learning things about MGs I never even thought about.
> However, I am tried of being belittled and demeaned by a member of the list.
> I am uncomfortable asking questions or making suggestions for fear of being
> zinged by this member.  Most of the time I take it in stride, but not this
> time.  I will give him credit he did it directly to me and not on the list.
> This time in a personal email he called me names, questioned my integrity
> and my professional abilities.  You can call me names and you can criticize
> my professional performance, which he did, but the one thing I will not
> tolerate is anyone questioning my integrity.  He has done all of these
> things over a simple question about paint codes.  Even worse, I allowed him
> to drag me down to his level, when I responded in kind. For this I am
> ashamed.  I try to take the high road whenever possible and I let him get my
> goat.  However, I will always guard my integrity with great zeal.
> This list is about love of MGs, people and camaraderie in the pursuit of
> keeping these beautiful machines on the road.  It is not about someone
> asking a question that someone else my deem as stupid or a waste of time and
> voicing that very thought.  It is not about deprecatory comments about or
> directed at individuals or there inputs.  All one has to do is hit his
> delete key and ignore the postings that don't interest him.  I am sure there
> will be those that will be upset that I have "wasted" bandwidth with such a
> long email and "non-related" car topic.  To you I apologize for wasting this
> space.
> As much as I would like to name this individual I will not.  He knows who he
> is.  I would venture to say several others know him as well having been on
> the wrong end of wrath and biting comments.  It is a shame he is so hateful,
> he is a very knowledgeable person and offers the list so much, but I am not
> going to put up with it anymore.  Please do not take my exit from the list
> as cowardice, but with individuals like this the only way to win is ignore
> them.
> I hope most of you will take the time to correspond with me via my home
> email from time to time.  Perhaps in time I will return to the list, I do
> enjoy it so much.  Good luck and God bless.
> Mike Razor
> [...]

Mike:

Those types are on all lists. I have been the subject of a few from time to
time.
Don't let them wear you down. They like that. They are bullies; and bullies are
the most pathetic cowards because they don't have intelligence or strength on
their side. Stay on this list; it is a good place because you are part of it.

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net
1960 MGA 1600 Very Red
1974 MGB-GT Damask (Very Burgundy) Red