One Begets Another - Continued

To: "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: One Begets Another - Continued
From: "Randy Trautman" <trautman@nwlink.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 16:10:20 -0800
Well, I went to look at the 72 MGB roadster today.  As you may know, I
already have a 69 BGT and am wondering why I would need two.  What we have
is a willing, but unmotivated seller and a buyer sitting on a fence.  I know
the value of the parts, but am less certain of the value of a car as a
whole.

Asking price is $3500.

Covered with sheets and a layer of sawdust, it is a documented original
owner 1972 MGB, complete and original including all emissions stuff.  None
of the mechanicals appear to have been disturbed which is rare.  Absolutely
no body damage from collisions, rust or corrosion anywhere.  Only two small
dings and the usual rock chips around the nose.  All chrome and trim in
excellent shape.  Dash is great, needs carpet and seat recover.  It has not
run for at least a year.  I connected a battery charger and the electrics
seem to work.  I spun the engine with a wrench and all of the parts that
should turn, do.  Since 1995, it has had the suspension rebuilt front and
rear and a new clutch with master cylinder.  It needs a new exhaust,
battery, tires and possible brakes.  The original paint should shine up very
nicely.

She did not accept $3000 (I'm on a budget, saving some for repairs) and we
agreed to talk Monday.  The car is not advertised.  Let me know what you
think.  Please be gentle, I'm loosing sleep over it already.

Randy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///