Re: Parts Help

To: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Help
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 07:08:55 -0500
Hi Swamp Yankee,

    Frank, you may recall that I installed those pistons in the engine of my 77B
that you so graciously helped me to pull. I had that same concern about
interference when I learned that the head had been machined appreciably.  Theory
says that there should not be any contact with the pistons, but I had to be sure
about it.  I used the modeling clay test to prove to myself that there was
clearance, and there was.

Bud Krueger
52TD

frank krajewski wrote:
<snip>

> 2) Moss also lists 2 piston sets; one is the 8.0:1 compression ratio and
> the other is 8.7:1 compression ratio. They list for the same price
> ($199.95). Can I use the higher compression pistons, I assume they are
> flat tops, without them interfering with the valves when they reach tdc?
> Has anyone used these 8.7:1 pistons in lieu of the stock 8.0:1 pistons?
> Are there any other problems associated with installing the higher
> compression pistons? Thanks for your time and, I hope, assistance!
> Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///