RE: No oil pressure

To: kwaringa@dynsys.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No oil pressure
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 04:45:59 -0500
Hi Ken,

I had a similar situation when I had assembled my BGT after restoration.
Everything had been taken from the engine bay.
The engine itself had not been worked on.
I also started cranking without the plugs in and nothing happened.
I was scared to death the engine would be damaged already.
So I asked the list and got the advise: keep on cranking!

It seems that filling the oil cooler by cranking costs quite some time
before the pressure builds up.

Anyway I did some extra cranking and yes the pressure went up to 60!

Perhaps it is just this and it may safe you a lot of work.
I order to prevent piston wear, you may put a little engine oil into each
cylinder before doing the cranking again.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT