Fuel leak near SU

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel leak near SU
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mail.ucr.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:30:28 -0800
Dear MGBers,

I've tracked down the source of a fuel leak in my 1970 MGB-GT. After
arriving at work this morning and smelling LOTs of fuel on the way
there, I popped the hood/bonnet and had a look, expecting a leaking hose
or something like that. What I did see was fuel dripping from the rear
SU carb onto the heat shield, sizzling away. As I was not at my garage,
I didn't have the tools to take off the air cleaners and get a good look
at what was going on. Since the fuel leaks (two drops per second)
stopped within 5 minutes or less after I shut off the engine, I'm
assuming that whatever was in the float bowl was what was leaking out. I
know I haven't given you all much info on this, but I suspect this or
something similar has happened to others.

Have any of you any suggestions as to what's going on and how to fix it?
Please email me separately on this as well as posting to the group.

Thanks  much

--
"Never ascribe to Malice that which is explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
http://facultydirectory.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/pub/public_individual.pl?faculty=882

Department of Entomology
University of California, Riverside. 92521

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///