was Weeping MGB caliper (now bleeding)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: was Weeping MGB caliper (now bleeding)
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:14:55 -0800
Scott Hower said:
>>Rather than force the fluid from the master cylinder (and risk blowing
fluid
>> all over the place), I use a Mityvac vaccuum pump to suck the fluid/air
out
>> of the bleeder screw.

I own both a Mityvac and a Eezibleed kit. I have used both to bleed brakes and
I will tell anyone who asks (and others who don't ask) that the Eezibleed is
the way to go: it is far easier to use than the Mityvac.

The trick with the Eezibleed is to make sure you don't have too much pressure,
otherwise you will never seal the kit onto the reservoir, resulting in fluid
leaking out of the cap and going all round the reservoir.

Simon

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///