Defective Oil Lines

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Defective Oil Lines
From: "Edwards" <emgee@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:46:37 -0500
The braided oil line that runs from the engine block to the oil pressure
switch began leaking on my '73 MGB.  When attempting to purchase a
replacement at the local MG parts place, they refused to sell anymore of the
current supply of these lines because of the number of failures reported by
their customers.  I then placed a order with VB for the same part.  Today
after installing the new hose, it began leaking immediately were the
threaded fitting enters the hose.  Has anyone heard of defects in the
current supply of these hoses?  Are there any alternatives?

Bob Edwards

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///