Re: compression test cold

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: compression test cold
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:49:13 -0700
Your high compress does depend somewhat on your altitude.  160 at sea
level is very different from 160 in Denver, so it depends how high you
are.  The drop in #2 seems a little high, but I don't think that would
stop you from running.

Try putting a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder and retesting.  If #2
swings way up (or all of them) then it indicates rings...  If not, then
if I am not mistaken, then it means valves...

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///