A Call for Help-Cracked Cylinder Head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: A Call for Help-Cracked Cylinder Head
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:15:31 EST
Listers,

Does anyone know of a workable (repairable) cylinder head that will fit a
1972 MGB block?  The head needs to have the air-injection ports, but does not
need the later water choke port.  I can pay a reasonable price, plus
shipping/handling to Bakersfield, CA (Southern San Juaquin Valley of
California).

With less than 500 miles on my newly rebuilt engine, a freeze plug blew out
of the side of the block.  In the two blocks it took me to get off the
freeway, the engine was climbing toward the red.  After pulling the valve
cover, it was obvious the cylinder head had to come off.

The cylinder head is cracked from the #3 intake valve guide to the #3
sparkplug hole.  It's been determined the head is non-repairable.  My
machinist, who built the engine, has agreed to pay for welding/machining a
repairable head, but cannot find one.

Please let me know if you have (or know of) a cylinderhead I could use.  I
can't afford a Moss Alloy Head at this point b/c of all the money I sunk into
the engine and transmission, and I am only working part-time due to trying to
graduate this Spring from college.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB ('72 block)
Bakersfield, CA
Information Technology Assistant
California State University, Bakersfield

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///