RE: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid

To: "'Ben Ruset'" <ben.ruset@verizon.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:57:25 -0800
Neil:

        Don't be nasty.

Ben:

        You are confused between the Triumph Stag engine, which is an alloy
head Dual overhead cam 3.0L V8 and the Rover aluminium block 3.5-4.6L V8.
The Stag motor was a problem child, that is not a suitable candidate for
conversion projects.  The Rover engine is the one that is popular for MGB
conversions.

        The confusion gets worse, as the Rover V8 makes a dandy conversion
engine in the Stag bay.  Or is that Stag at bay?

        The Stag transmission is similar to a Triumph TR6, so again not much
use to an MG owner.

Kelvin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list