Re: rust on 67B

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rust on 67B
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:40:11 -0800
As someone that has (is) going through the exact same thing right now,
let me share my insight:

Word on the street is Carter Tuggle said:
> I have never done any welding or body work at all.  Is it feasible for
> me to buy a car with this much rust?

No.

> How much would having the floor pans and
> rockers replaced cost?  Is it worth it?

No.  Unless you do the work yourself, and count the cost of your time as
nothing, you will put more $$ into the car bodywork than you can sell
the car for, guaranteed.  It would be about 1/3 the cost to find a
perfect shell and replace all the mechanicals than to find a rustbucket
with good mechanicals (engine, trans, brakes, electrical) and restore
them both to like-new condition...

> How much do you think it is worth?  Any advice is welcome.

Probably $500-$1000 depending on goodies (hardtop, overdrive, etc) that
could be parted out.

That said, I knew this a long time ago and still (irrationally) decided
to go ahead, because I'm a sap and I couldn't bear to send The Bomber to
the scrapyard after I'd already bought it!!  When I'm done very little
of the original car will even be left.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///