Re: How much to ship an engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How much to ship an engine
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:00:32 -0800
The double row chain is a matter of substitution during the rebuild.  The cam
would generally be replaced then also.  If your carbs and all are GB, then as
suggested before all you need is a plate.

As far as shipping, all the places I talked to when trying to ship a Rover V8
told me that it would be considered HAZ -MAT. This does two things: decreases
the number of possible shippers a great deal (few willing to deal with it), and
increases the cost of shipping since the ones who will ship HAZ-MAT charge more.

Chad
'72 B retired daily driver

Patton Dickson wrote:

> Well it would be easier to rebuild a second motor while have has the later
> motor in the car running.  Also I want the double row timing chain the 18GB
> has that my 18V doesn't.  Finally, my car has all of the 18GB carbs and
> distributor but the cam of the 18V so it really isn't set up well
> anyhow.  I think it would be best to go stock.
>
> Patton

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///