Re: Tell us about fab-tek.

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tell us about fab-tek.
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:13:38 -0500
Dave Headley of Fab-Tek is one of only two MG engine builders I spoke to
around the U.S. who was listening to what I needed.  And, I spoke to about a
dozen.  Since I drive my MGB as a daily driver all year, and race it a
couple of times a year, many compromises had to be made.  Most builders
insisted on building a race engine or a street engine.  Dave & I have had
numerous discussions about every aspect of this engine build.  I want an
engine that will be about 90+% race engine & run on 94 octane pump gas, with
an occasional 110 boost.  It doesn't have to last 100,000 miles, but it does
have to be strong enough to last through a few years of my driving.

I feel confident in his judgment as he builds it.  In addition, he not only
vintage races a B successfully, he has raced in SCCA & brings modern engine
knowledge to his LBC work.

For more info, check his website: http://WWW.fast-mg.com/

As for results, ask me in a year.  By then I will have had a couple of races
& about 10,000 miles on the new engine.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB