Re: Web Sites

To: DEVierling@aol.com, ryoung@navcomtech.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:52:26 -0500
Donny,

No! I do not have to live with any troubles.  I had one supplier change so
that it does not need cookies enabled.  For the others I go to alternate
suppliers, some of which I found had better prices - now there's a moral !

I just bought a Perma-Cool electric radiator fan but because the retail
supplier's web site was almost impossible to send and receive info (I
discovered they required you had to put "REPLY" at the bottom of one's
message - and NOT "reply") I ended up paying $35 brokerage when I didn't
need to.  This totally out of line with my "chats" to Spal, Hayden and an
Australian outfit.  SO their high-tech web site cost me $35 extra which
made them much more expensive than those others I mentioned.  This is
actual experience not some mumbo-jumbo tech talk.

At 07:39 PM 3/14/02 -0500, DEVierling@aol.com wrote:
>Randall,
>Oh, that is clearer.  I keep my cookies enabled.  Then, several times a week,
>I delete all the temp and cookie files I can find.  I guess Barrie will have
>to live with his troubles for the moment.
>Thanks,
>donny v
>
>In a message dated 3/14/02 7:29:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM writes:
>
> > Subj:  RE: Web Sites
> >  Date:    3/14/02 7:29:54 PM Eastern Standard Time
> >  From:    ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM (Randall Young)
> >  To:  DEVierling@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
>mgb-
> > v8@autox.team.net
> >
> >  > If you want to minimize your problems I suggest you think about
> > upgrading
> >  > your software or hardware and maybe only visiting those websites
> >  > that work.
> >
> >  Just to be clear, Barrie's problem with Summit's site is not Netscape, but
> >  rather that he has deliberately disabled cookies.  Upgrading won't help,
> >  unless he upgrades to a browser that won't let him disable cookies <g>
> >
> >  Randall

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net