Re: Overdrive problem

To: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive problem
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:09:16 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
To: Mgs@autox.team.net <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2002 7:24 PM
Subject: Overdrive problem

Listers,
Seems to me this subject came up not to long ago but I ignored it at the
time.  My 78B O/D engages ok but when I want to shift out it won't do it
until I shift into 2nd. By the way, this is a 73B engine and O/D in a
78B.  I just cleaned the filter and changed the oil to see if that would
help.  However, the same symptoms have occurred.  Any suggestions?
Jim
78B
70B
seeking MGCGT

This sounds like a switch problem. You need to check to see if current is
still going to O/D with the switch is off. A simple test light will do. Jack
up car, place jack stands, turn key to on position (no need to start) and
place gear shift in 3rd or 4th (in your case.......4th in a 77-80 O/D unit)
then get under the car and test for current at overdrive.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list