RE: Electrolitic rust removal

To: "Mueller, Robert CDR" <RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil>
Subject: RE: Electrolitic rust removal
From: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:48:50 -0500
yes you can
just remember a couple of things
You'll need more electrolyte, in a pool I'd use 50 - 80 pounds of soda ash
you'll need a LARGE anode or several anodes strategically placed
you'll either need a larger power supply or it will take a pretty long time

Also the solution gets pretty disgusting, so cleaning the pool would be a MAJOR
PAIN

However I have every intention of  cleaning the frame for my MGA using a wood
frame, poly sheet and my welder as a power supply

"Mueller, Robert CDR" <RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil> on 03/21/2002 09:31:30 AM