Re: Head Gasket trick...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Gasket trick...
From: "Scott Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:53:12 -0500
>I can remember reading an article somewhere about installing a head
>gasket on a B series engine using thin copper wires to "enhance" the
>seal. Does anyone know about this and where it can be found?

Ron,

I believe this was a suggestion from John Twist.  As I recall, the exact
quote is: "all B series heads weep between (cylinders) 2 and 3; some
actually piss."   This wire trick was his suggested fix: two or three thin
coppre wire strands were twisted together and embeded in silicone
sealent(?!).  Seems a bit dodgy to me, but the man knows far more than I do
about things MG!   Has anyone actually tried this?

I searched the University Motors website, but came up dry :-)

--Scott
73 B w/ non weeping head (so far).

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list