Re: Future Classics?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Future Classics?
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:47:20 -0600
Dave Ciaccio wrote:

> This is a question off our usual MG discussions.  Has anyone ever thought of
> what makes our LBCs classics?  Is it the styling, the engineering, the limited
> number of production, the era in which they were produced, etc?  I am thinking
> of purchasing cars now (as bucks allow) that will be classics in the future.
> The key here is buying a car at the bottom end of its valuation, but when
> restored and over time, will increase in value....similar to what our MGs (or
> other classics of that time) did in the late 70's.  So, the question becomes,
> what are those features that make up a future classic and what might some of
> those cars be...mazda miata, pontiac fiero, etc, etc.?
>
> Any opinions appreciated.

Austin and Morris Mini Cooper and Cooper S.
Mini Delivery Vans, Travelers and Countrymen.
Mini Pickups.
Lotus Elise
Austin Healey 3000
Rust-free FIAT 850 Spyder (*VERY* rare in rust-free condition).
Morgan 3-wheeler
The Healey, FIAT and Morgan are already classics, but will increase
greatly in value in the next twenty years.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm