Salute to "Private Andrew Malones"

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Salute to "Private Andrew Malones"
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:01:40 -0500
Listers,
       In the past couple of days there have been several threads about
music and how it connects to our hobby (and life) by way of the memories
that touch us  as time goes on. This made me think of a song that I have
been hearing  that has really put things in perspective for me.
Many of you probably haven't caught this on the country stations but I do
suggest that you hunt for it . Every time I hear this song I just want to
get up and salute the flag and thank God or what ever higher power there may
be, for those that have come before us, in our hobby and in life, and make
it possible for us to enjoy our lives and hobby.
    The song talks about a fellow that purchases his "dream car" that was
sitting in a garage for years, like many of us have done.  In the glove box
is a note stating that(and I paraphrase) "if you are reading this note then
I was not able to come back home from serving my country but please take
this dream of mine and carry it on as your own".  And the song goes on
jerking the tears, as it should, and explains how lucky this new owner feels
to have his dream car all because of somebody else's sacrifice for his
country.
    This made me realize how many of us are fortunate enough to be driving
somebody else's dream made possible by someone else's sacrifices.  And I
mean this in a bigger sense than the material means.

     Its having the freedom to do this not just the money to possess it.

    I salute all the "Mathew Malones" that have sacrificed for our country
and what it stands for.

Now back to the cars,,    Mark