Re: car dollies

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: car dollies
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:40:23 -0400
Eric wrote:

> MonteMorris wrote:
> >
> > I see that Harbor Freight has a set of car dollies on sale for $115.
>
> Darn,
>
> I thought this was going to have links to pictures of those girls that
> wander around the race tracks in tiny lycra outfits.  Or the ones that
> hold the umbrellas to shield the drivers from the sun on the starting
> grid (at our races we have to hold our own umbrellas - at our age and
> ugliness it gets that way in life:-).
>
> Car dollies indeed :-)

Way back when, I crewed for a Formula Vee and Formula Ford out at Holtville
Aerodrome International Raceway, an abandoned air field near El Centro, CA.
One weekend we showed up, the track was covered with carrots that were
drying for horse fodder.  But that's another story.

I was part of an informal SCCA race team called Schlock Racing.  Somebody
decided to make it more formal by getting all of us matching T-shirts, but
oddly, mine was tighter and lower cut than everyone else's.  SCCA racing at
Holtville didn't attract many groupies so I looked like the only pit bunny
there.  My job was to sit around until someone walked up to our pit and
then I'd be assigned some mechanical task just so the guys could enjoy the
surprised looks.  Every once in a while, someone from another crew would
try to send me for beer and my crew would tell them that I couldn't go
because I had to pull an engine.  I still have that shirt somewhere...

Denise

--- Denise Thorpe