Re: I think I'm ready to blow up the B

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: I think I'm ready to blow up the B
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:36:08 -0600
Well, it takes three rhings to run, compression (checked) spark at the
right time (checked) and right fuel mixture.  No check by that one...

What color are your plugs?  Do your plugs get wet or fouled when you
are cranikng it and it doesn't start?

Here's an easy test to see if the ignition is set reasonably, if it
doesn't work, then the carbs aren't your problem.  Spray a little ether
(starter fliud) in the intake.  (Read the directions on the can! It can
be dangerious!)  If you are careful you can run the car on ether, just
a little spritz at a time.  If it will run on ether, but not gas, then
you have some sort of fuel problem, if it won't run on ether, then you
have a problem some place else.

As you compression is good, it would seem to be your ignition.  You had
your dizzy out, did you get it and the drive dog back in right?

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net