RE: Argh! Lost my MGA keys

To: "'Ken Christian'" <kenc@gscutah.com>,
Subject: RE: Argh! Lost my MGA keys
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 14:00:20 -0400
Ken Christian wrote:

> Going to have to get a new one cut.
> Is this something that your average locksmith out of the yellow
> pages can handle?
>
> Do they have to take the ignition assembly/tumbler out of the
> car to do this?

Suggest you drop Pete Groh a line ... he can cut you a key from
the number on the face of the switch.  He cut one for me, from
the number on my spare switch, at the Carlisle Autojumble a couple
of years ago ... http://www.mgbexperience.com/keyguy/

In the mean time ... all you need to start the car is a 2" piece
of wire (with a couple alligator clips) attached to the fuse block
... BTDT (when Dad took the keys away 'bout 30 yrs ago).

Larry Unger
'62 MGA 1600 MkII Roadster (with a spare switch and keys!)