Cat Gasket

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cat Gasket
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:36:38 -0400
No, this is not a "cat" thread but a request for info. It was suggested
recently on here that we use a copper or metallic gasket for the
catalytic converter. I recently suffered a blown cat gasket on my newly
rebuilt motor using the composition gasket that came with the head set
from Moss (sorry Kelvin!).  Since it is such a tedious task to remove
the cat and replace the gasket I want to be certain that it doesn't
happen again and would love to know the source for those metallic or
copper catalytic converter gaskets. Thanks.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski