Re: Well the clutch hose is fitted....no clutch pressure??

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Well the clutch hose is fitted....no clutch pressure??
From: "DenverD" <DenverD@Texan.dk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:59:23 +0200
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:33:12 -0500, Bob D. wrote:

> well you might try the ezibleed
>gismo. My experience is that it's very hard to bleed the clutch.On Sun, 16 Jun

i live in denmark, and very old man said to me, just a couple of weeks ago:

bleeding the clutch on an MG is real easy...you just get a hose the right size
and
length to fit between the bleeder valve on the right front brake and the
bleeder
valve on the clutch slave cylinder..

1. check clutch fluid level, if necessary, attach the hose to the clutch slave
and
drain the clutch line into a catching pail until the reservoir is empty

2. check that the brake reservoir is *full*

3. attach the hose to the brake bleeder valve, open the valve and have your
assistant slowly push the brake pedal until fluid comes out (filling the hose
with
fluid) and then put that end onto the clutch bleeder valve..

4. open the clutch bleeder valve and have the assistant RAPIDY pump the
brakes three times, ending with the foot on the floor where it is then held,
until--immediately close the clutch bleeder and the brake bleeder (after
closing
the brake bleeder the assistant my raise their foot)

5. check and top off clutch and brake reservoirs

6. remove the hose from the clutch bleeder, with helper ready, open the brake
bleeder and push the brake pedal until you are sure you have not accidently let
air into the brake line...tightened that bleeder and top off the brake
reservoir one
final time..

i've not tried it, but it sounds like it should work..

DenverD - A Texan in Denmark
65B # GHN3L/33680 (version for Denmark)
engine 18V581-H193