Re: cap coming off su carb

To: Marc <smarc@abs.net>
Subject: Re: cap coming off su carb
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:08:21 -0500
  I'm going to hazard a guess that if you let the oil level get low
enough in the dashpot, the piston starts moving rapidly more rapidly
than normal in response to vacuum changes and the resultant pressure
changes inside the dashpot are higher than the the bleedhole in the cap
can vent.  The result is that the cap gradually loosens because of the
too rapid pressure changes and finally unscrews.  So check and top up
the dashpots more frequently! ;^)

  If the dashpot oil consumption is way higher than normal then some
corrective measures are in order.

   Cheers,

    CR