Re: Huge MG sign on eBay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Huge MG sign on eBay
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:58:40 -0400
One quick note on Trademark in the US for those of you who don't know. The
way US Trademark law is written, the trademark owner is compelled to defend
their trademark vigorously, or lose it. If someone can prove that a
trademark owner knew of a violation and did nothing, the owner can lose the
trademark. The legal burden, in this case, is proving who knew what and
when. The law doesn't say that the trademark owner has to send goons to swap
meets and actively scout for violations, but any time they become aware of a
violation, they must defend their mark.

Welcome to the lunacy of american Intellectual Property Law.

-C

--
Chris Thompson