Forwarded: Re: epiphany (MGA seat position)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re: epiphany (MGA seat position)
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:09:19 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason this was sent to me rather than mgs@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:10:18 -0400
     From: "Harold W. Roeth" <hroldlbt@ix.netcom.com>
     Subject: Re: epiphany (MGA seat position)

There are two other ways I used to get a more comfortable seating
position in my MGA. (I am 6'4") First, when I restored it I had to
put in new floorboards. I moved the seat mounting holes back about
2". This allowed be to move the seat all the way to the slanted back
panel. (I also keep my side-curtains in the trunk.) One thing I did
forget in doing this: I had the seat belt holders on the side frame
welded at the exact spot as shown in the factory spec sheet. Now when
by seat is all the way back it rubs against the seat belt mount so I
have to use a piece of foam between seat and mount. A little thinking
would have corrected that!

I also use an Italian steering wheel 14 inches in diameter. This
makes a BIG difference.

- --
Hal Roeth
Editor/Publisher, MGA! Magazine