Value of long block MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of long block MGB
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:13:11 EDT
Hi List: On eBay there is a long block MGB engine which will fit my '74. It
has been rebuilt to proper specs,(according to the seller) but as I say is a
long block ad would need my head and other bolt ons.
I have never "done" an engine, but just about everything else., so I need
your advice.
The engine can be purchased for $300.00. With the freight to my door, it
would make it cost me about $528.00. Is this close to the amount I would pay
to have my engine rebuilt to the "long block" stage?
Or, should I just go ahead and watch my engine rebuild video,(after the
gentleman narrating has his tea) tackle the job myself and save some money.?

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Dennis Barr
Early frightening chrome bumper 74 MGB.