Do MGB's have starter drive covers?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Do MGB's have starter drive covers?
From: "F. J. MacFarlane" <n5bgy@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:04:34 -0500
On the early MGB's with the inertia-engaged (sometimes called
"Bendix-drive") Lucas M418 starter, is there a cover for the starter drive
assembly that sticks out of the rear of the bellhousing?  My 1967 Anglia
123E had a drawn sheet metal can that fit into the (cast iron!) bellhousing,
as an example, but the 1967 MGB I now own has none.  The drive is exposed
under the trans tunnel to road dirt, etc., so I figure BMC must have fit a
cover of some sort, and it's just missing from my B.  Thanks in advance.

F. J. (Lane) MacFarlane
Houston, TX

1967 MGB, mileage unknown
1982 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 L 99 kmi (driven by a teenager now, heaven help
the clutch!)
1985 Plymouth Voyager 2.6 L 145 kmi (the rust-coloured Energizer bunny van,
it just keeps going...)
1994 Plymouth Voyager 3.3 L 125 kmi
unapologetic PO 1967 English Ford Anglia 123E (RIP)