Magnette has negative camber

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magnette has negative camber
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:28:22 -0500
Does anyone have an idea what might be causing a pronounced negative front
end camber on a ZB Magnette I just acquired? It had faulty and incorrect
front shocks which I replaced. That solved a clunking in the front, but not,
of course, the camber (which is non-adjustable). The track on this car is
about .75" (20mm) or so wider than the other Magnette (which appears to be
normal).

The manual specs about 1 degree of positive camber (top of front wheel leans
away body). I have 3 or 4 degrees of negative camber (top of wheel leans in
toward body).

Could it be weak or incorrect springs? There doesn't seem to be any accident
damage, the links and arms are not bent, and all of the suspension members
seem to be assembled correctly.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

David