MGB GT for sale

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB GT for sale
From: "Smith, Timothy" <Timothy.Smith@navitaire.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:54:49 -0500
  Need some help
[MGBracer80@aol.com]
Due to space, time, and spousal disabilities I have to sell my car.
Pictures are available at http://www.musicforghosts.com/mg

It has sat in my garage for the last 7 years during which the engine has
seized and the clutch hydraulics seem to have stop functioning. The engine
has about 30K miles on it after a complete rebuild. Twas a real bummer to
find that it had seized up. Now for the weird stuff.

The car is licensed as a '74 however the shell is from a '71. The front
fenders,
which are in need of replacement, are '74 on top and '72 on the bottom,
bolted
together at the seam. The glass is all the tinted type with a defroster on
the
hatch. The interior is from the '74, it is amazing how much noise a hole saw

makes when your inside the body shell. The tires are Michelin XZX's with
about
40K on 4 of them and 300 on the spare. The shroud in the front, can be seen
in
some of the pictures, ducts the entire grill opening into the radiator. I
added it because I was concerned about over-heating when I was doing
traveling
construction. I also moved the oil cooler below the front shelf where there
is
a separate duct from the front spoiler into the oil cooler. And no, I never
hit
anything with the oil cooler or the hoses. There is plenty of clearance
under
there. One of the last things I was working on was the wiper motor, the PC
board in the motor had broken. So there is no wiper motor in the car but I
have
everything else. I still have the over riders for the front bumper, the
lights
were a mistake, didn't really use them.

Along with the car I also have:
'72 MGB GT transmission, condition unknown.
A set of glass minus the passenger rollup from a '72 MGB GT. The hatch glass
is
       tempered, untinted and possibly non-laminated as I couldn't find the
ply
       lines.
oil pump (condition unknown)

The car resides in Maple Grove, Minnesota.

Please respond to mg@musicforghosts.com

Tim Smith

PS: No, I'm not getting out of MGs. The spouse has a bad back and cannot
actually
    bend enough to get into the GT. But she is open to a convertible. Of
course
    after I rolled the car out of the garage our 6 year old got a big smile
on his
    face and said 'Benny's car!' So who knows, maybe I'll end up with one of
each
    in a couple of years. :-)