manifold for single HS6 ?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: manifold for single HS6 ?
From: "Stefan Roundy" <stefanr@bealenet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:22:30 -0400
I have several of the single HIF6 type manifold and carb sets available from
the Marina application in case anyone is in need. Located in Va.
Cheers!
Stefan

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:57:37 -0700
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: RE: manifold for single HS6 ?

Hello Evangelos:

Your request is quite reasonable.

So far as I know there are no alloy intake manifolds that will mount a
single SU on a B series engine.  If anyone knows of one let me know ASAP.
Typically the single carb was used on non-performance applications with a
cast iron intake/exhaust manifold.  Personally I think an alloy manifold for
a single 1 3/4 HIF6 would be a great way to fuel many of the MGAs and MGBs
owned by folks who think it is a pretty car, but don't want to have to work
on it.  I did the following conversion on a 66B owned by a girl who was
leaving home for the first time to go to college.  Her dad was much happier
knowing that she wouldn't have to worry about the twin carbs going out of
tune.  This was before the Weber DGV conversion became popular.

The B-Series engine was available in the Morris/Austin Marina with a HIF6
carburetor mounted on a combined intake/exhaust manifold.  The exhaust side
of this manifold is the same shape as the early 62-74 MGB manifold and the
stock 2-1 downpipe will bolt right to it.

This makes the conversion really easy for someone who wants the simplicity
of a single carb.  The HS6 has the same bolt pattern as the HIF6, but I
would suggest using the HIF as it will have the correct needle and is a good
carb.

There was one of these used manifolds for sale at the San Diego Car Show
this weekend, but I can't recall the vendor.

Kelvin.