After five months, I drove my car on the road!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: After five months, I drove my car on the road!
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:30:13 -0400
I finally got the brakes bled about 11:00 last night after replacing the front
left brake line and flexible hose, and the pedal was so firm I couldn't believe
it (maybe I was just used to it going all the way to the floor without any
resistance).  I thought I'd try a quick test drive, so I started it up and
drove down the block and back.  The car did OK, other than the white smoke and
odor of burning coolant.  It was a little late for a real drive. but I was
happy getting off the driveway and being able to stop the car without using my
hands, gravity, or prayer (OK, a little prayer).

Any tips on replacing the head gasket?

Thanks again for everyone's help getting the car to this point.

--Steve (1980 MGB)