RE: Clutch Alignment Tricks?

To: "'Scott Allen'" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Clutch Alignment Tricks?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:19:24 -0800
Scott:

Put a jack under the bell housing of the trans and raise it as much as
possible, till the bell housing just barely touches the tunnel.  Get rid of
the guide bolts, that is giving you more trouble than saving.

You want to be able to rotate the engine assembly, change the angle slighty,
and have some rearward pressure constantly on it.  Preferably have someone
push gently on the lift,(hopefully it is on wheels) while you wiggle the
engine assembly, when the splines line up, the engine will snick down in
place under the rearward pressure.  You can do the same thing on your own by
pushing the engine hoist towards the bay and blocking the wheels.  The most
important thing is that you "know" the engine will mate up.  It's a zen
thing.

Kelvin.