Overdrive Transmission

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Transmission
From: "Ray Wygonik" <rwygonik@iup.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:24:20 -0500
I just purchased an overdrive transmission for my chrome bumber '74 MGB.
Will probably not install until my son returns the car from Penn State when
the snow starts to fly in earnest.

Any advice on anything out of the ordinary I might expect?  Will I need a
shorter drive shaft?

My clutch has not shown any evidence of wear but once I have the engine and
transmission out is it worth it to go ahead and replace?  How would I
recognize normal wear from, you-should-change-this-now wear?

I have been away from the list for several years.  Originally I did a
complete down to the shell rebuild on the car so I do feel comfortable
tackling the project.