Removing the head, what else should I buy?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing the head, what else should I buy?
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:48:18 -0500
Last night I removed everything to get to the point where I can remove the head
from my 1980 MGB.  I sprayed the nuts with PBlaster, and tonight I will try to
finish the job.  As long as I'm getting the head magnafluxed and flattened, is
there anything else I should replace?  Valves, springs, stuff like that?  I
already have a new set of head studs, and I'll probably do the manifold and
thermostat cover studs too.  Also, what should I remove from the head before
taking it to the machine shop?

Thanks again.

--Steve (1980 MGB)