Re: Valve clearances? (Beginner)

To: "Bert Palte" <palte@gmx.net>, <Menno.Meijer@ict.nl>
Subject: Re: Valve clearances? (Beginner)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:48:20 -0000
Sounds like yours are the same as mine.  However on mine the problem is that
the clearance is still changing as it passes through the strict 'rule of
nine' measurement point, which means that unless you stop it at *exactly*
the same point in the revolution every time, which is nigh-on impossible,
you will always get differing results.  On several valves the max clearance
is a little to one side or the other of the exact 'rule of nine'
mewasurement point so I now adjust at the maximum gap point which is
repeatable.