Re: Carbs vs. carbs

To: Michael Jose <mwjose@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Carbs vs. carbs
From: Kevin Shertz <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:28:54 -0500
Mike,

The manual choke conversion for the ZS is not bad... the original choke is,
as you've experienced, a piece of junk.  The choke and the asinine
all-in-one manifold/cat converter of the '75-'80 MGBs has, in my opinion,
given the ZS carb a worse rep than it's probably deserved.

Give the manual choke a try.  For little cash outlay, you can remain
emissions legal and have a much better time with reliability.  I'd say give
that a try first, and have the carb rebuilt at the same time for optimal
effect.

Regards,
Kevin Shertz
'80 MGB