Piston question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piston question
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:50:07 -0500
I finally replaced the head on my 1980 MGB yesterday and noticed some markings
on the tops of the pistons.  There was a "B" stamped in the center of each
piston (as well as on the block), and the number "19491" was stamped near the
"Front" indicator on each piston.  What does this number mean?  I didn't see
anything in the archives.  I'm trying to learn if these are the original
pistons or if any work had been done to the engine before I bought the car.
Thanks.

--Steve Shoyer (1980 MGB)