Freebie fuel pump switch...

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Freebie fuel pump switch...
From: "Scott and Lynn Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:26:45 -0500
>From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
>Subject: Re: Fuel pump problems?

>I'd like to add a switch to my pumps to prevent theft. If I remember
>correctly, Denise Thorpe of the list, has installed them on her collection
>of 67B's.
>If someone knows exactly how this is done, I'd love to know.

Monte,

With all due respect to John Twist, here's how to add a cutoff switch to the
68-76 MGB without overdrive.  It uses the overdrive switch on the RH stalk.
The switch and wiring were factory installed even if the overdrive wasn't.

1. Locate the WHITE wire from the fuel pump to the main loom junction in the
engine bay.  You want the lead FROM the fuel pump FORWARD to the junction at
the main loom (not the feed from the main loom back).

2. Connect above to the YELLOW wire FROM the main loom.  This normally feeds
12V to the OD 3rd/4th gearbox switch when the stalk is switched on.

3. The fuel pump is now fed via the OD circuit and will only operate when
the stalk is pushed rearwards.

Both of these wires are found in the RH fenderwell where the
main/rear/gearbox feeds mate.  This circuit is not fused, but then neither
was the original when fed via the white wire.

Please ask if you are not confident doing this, I don't want you to crisp
your MGB :-)

--Scott