Rover SD1 OT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover SD1 OT
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 23:31:52 +1030
OK, so I am facing another birthday in a month's time and I must be
feeling my age and getting soft.  My old "parts carrying" car has bit
the dust so I went out scavenging.

Feeling the need for a car with a roof and even airconditioning (and
power steering and a sunroof and a soft ride, etc.) but still not giving
up the challenge of a wannabe classic British car, I have just bought
myself a 1985 Rover SD1 Vanden Plas.

Very cheap and with a body to die for (or was that Elle MacPherson -
oops no she isn't cheap) but not mechanically wonderful at this stage.
I decided bodywork wasn't my thing and I found this car with NO rust and
great duco - simply amazing.  It was always garaged and waxed and
polished... pity about the attention to the engine/servicing and front
suspension, but I guess most people can manage to wash their darn car at least.

Lovely zircon blue - a dark blue, almost black.

It seems these cars evoke strong feelings - some people think they are
ugly and, as usual, some people love them.

Now, why am I telling you this?

Because I hunted down some SD1/Rover mailing lists seeing as this one
has been sooooooo useful with my 'B - but after a week of being
subscribed I have seen nothing posted!  I usually lurk for some time
before posting to get the "lay of the land" but this has been silly.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a mailing list for this car?  I have
been bookmarking sites but ain't found a useful list yet.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII