Re: Snapped stud - good news

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Snapped stud - good news
From: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:56:31 +0100
At 10:15 15/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I was able to remove the snapped stud without pulling the head.  I used a
>thin screwdriver to back the broken piece out of the block, and then I put
>some grease on the other part of the stud to pull it out.  I'm much
>happier today, although it's tough to hold back from using an old stud
>just to get the car going again.  I'll try to do the right thing and wait
>until I can get a new one.
>
>Thanks again for everyone who offered suggestions!
>
>--Steve (1980 MGB)

Good news for you, Steve!

A new stud that broke, eh?

This brings back into my mind the old experience that not everything you
buy as a replacement part for your MG is the same quality as the original
part. Not even if you order it by the original part number...

There is a lot of crap on the market. Been there, done that...,

Bert