Re: Sprites & Midgets

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprites & Midgets
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:23:35 -0800
I should post the numbers from my private reply, since it has come up:

Approximately 50,000 Frog-eye Sprites.
About 129,000 Sprites of all kinds.
Leaving 79,000 squarebody Sprites, versus...
...about 225,000 Midgets total (all squarebody).

This is actuallly a higher proportion of Sprites to Midgets than I had
anticipated (better than 1:2).

But one would expect the survival ratio of older cars to be worse than more
recent cars, so it's probably less than that today.

BTW these are rough totals that I had to add up from year to year figures.
Someone else might have more accurate total production numbers.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149