Re: Can I ever count on having a fairly trouble-free MG???

To: <NFexec@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can I ever count on having a fairly trouble-free MG???
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:31:55 -0600
Doug,
Once I got my 79B in order after it sitting for 10 years and having only
3000 miles put on it, it has provided trouble-free service for 7000 miles
and counting. I've had such good luck with it I bought a 67B in Seattle last
summer (on Ebay) and drove it cross country 2300 miles in 4 days without so
much as blowing a fuse. It has been driven over 6000 miles since May (and
none in the last month) with virtually no trouble. I  think the key is to
get one that has been driven and has not been sitting around somewhere for a
long time rusting and rotting. Sure you'll probably have to sort through
some electrical problems (bad connections mostly after 25-30 years) but what
other car of this age wouldn't you have to do the same? If you want a
project, buy a cheap car. If you want a reliable one, pay more and buy one
that has been a daily driver. There are several websites and books that tell
you what to look for when buying an MG.
Monte
          79B, Carmine
          67B, BRG