distributor ID

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: distributor ID
From: "Michael W. Jose" <mwjose@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:16:30 -0700
After figuring out that my choke problem with hard starting was really
devastated points, I think I'm ready to do something about my ancient
distributor.  Firstly, I'd like to know how to ID different model
distributors.  Judging from Moss diagrams I have a 25D4 on my 79, which
doesnt' seem right to me.  I would also like any advice anyone has
regarding their experiences with different distributors and electronic
ignition.  I know this topic has been covered many times, so you may
reply off list to save bandwidth (So I dont' get blamed for the
inevitable War Of The Ignition).  I want something with good, reliable,
stock-to-mildly racy performance.
Thanks all
Mike Jose
79 B Phoenix